AWS Cloud Engineer
Are you looking for a career where you can make a profound impact on customers’ lives? Third Republic has partnered with a leading media network that has revolutionized the way people watched TV and used the web. They have an exciting 6 months contract-to-hire Software Engineer role in their engineering team.
We’re looking for a dynamic and bright AWS Cloud Engineer for a contract-to-hire role. You’ll develop and maintain highly available web services. Your role also expects you to take full-responsibility for deployment and development services. Apart from this, you’ll be interacting with internal managers to update them regarding the project progress.
The AWS Cloud Infrastructure Engineer is responsible for AWS solutions development, architectural design, and overarching IT operations and maintenance activities of a secure AWS infrastructure encompassing multiple accounts and external interfaces running primarily on Centos Linux and Microsoft Windows. The ideal candidate should have professional experience operating multi-account AWS environments, interacting effectively with customers and development teams, gathering and analyzing requirements for the design of new systems and infrastructure which satisfy business requirements. Must have the ability to see big picture requirements and distill them into concrete tasks and execute independently in a timely fashion.
The successful candidate will evaluate and implement enhanced approaches to deliver AWS infrastructure services with built-in automation to increase efficiency and lower human intervention and administrative level of effort. Will have considerable AWS and Linux skills, as well we DevOps skills around CI/CD and experience with tools such as Ansible, Jenkins, and Cloud Formation. Will be a part of the operations team supporting Development, Test, QA, Stage, and Production environments, and will effectively manage technology vendor relationships and ensure proper controls and oversight are provided.
Skills, Experience And Requirements
Provide comprehensive systems administration functions on Amazon Web Services (AWS) infrastructure to include support of AWS products such as: AWS Console root user administration, Key Management, EC2 Compute, S3 Storage, Relational Database Service (RDS), AWS Networking & Content delivery (VPC, Route 53, ELB, etc.) Identity & Access Management, CloudWatch, CloudTrail, Cloud Formation, Auto Scaling, Cost and Usage Reports, and more Assist with the design and development of a multi-account, multi-region, highly available and highly automated AWS environment to support full software development life cycle and production of mission-critical applications.
- 8+ years of relevant professional system engineering or administration experience, with significant exposure to a variety of technologies and domains
- 3-5 years working with AWS, deep understanding of AWS concepts, and fluency with the AWS APIs/command line tools.
- Experience implementing and maintaining cloud-bases systems and application in Amazon Web Services (AWS). 5+ years of advanced working knowledge of Linux operating systems
- Experience automating server configurations to include standard build installations and system security hardening Python Scripting
- Experience Is Required Experience with core network services to include: DHCP, DNS, VLAN, load balancing, etc.
- Experience writing standard operating procedures, system requirements, and other technical documents
- Experience collaborating with cross functional teams to achieve a shared project goal
- Experience centrally monitoring systems for alerts and incident management functions; preferable with Amazon CloudWatch Scripting language experience (Python, NodeJs, etc.)
- Strong working knowledge of automation tools such as (Puppet, Jenkins, Chef, terraform) Working knowledge of software-defined lifecycles, product packaging, and deployments
- Working knowledge of RDS database such as PostgresSQL, Oracle, and MySQL
- Working knowledge of NOSQL data stores such as elastic search, MongoDB, etc.
- Working knowledge and experience with project and portfolio management tools, preferably Jira, Service Now, Microsoft Project,
- Excellent verbal and writing skills and the ability to communicate effectively with all levels
- Excellent time-management and prioritization skills
- Excellent communications skills Strong planning and task management skills