My client is seeking a Senior Data Engineer to join their New York team. The client is a rapidly growing well-funded SaaS (Software as a Service) startup based in New York.
As a senior member of the data engineering and analytics team, you will be in a position to have a direct impact on how the organization harnesses its first party data from various sources to generate business value. You are deeply passionate about organizing and managing data. You believe and understand the value that powerful reporting and analytics can drive for the business. The ideal candidate will have a structured and detail oriented approach to solving problems using a diverse technical toolkit. The ideal candidate should be personable, efficient, rooted in an experimental and fact-based mindset. Bringing people along, communicating and gathering feedback on plans with internal and external stakeholders and collaborating cross-functionally should come easily to the candidate.
My client is seeking an Analytics Engineer to join our New York team. The ideal candidate will possess a blend of a sharp analytical mindset and ability to implement analytics solutions that scale. You enjoy working across the data stack spectrum: creating reporting products by translating business questions into analytics requirements and also creating data sources from the warehouse to automate the pipeline. You are comfortable presenting recommendations to business stakeholders from prototyped reporting products while being equally comfortable diving into the backend and writing code to scale the prototype. The ideal candidate should be personable, efficient, rooted in an experimentative and fact-based mindset. Bringing people along, communicating and gathering feedback on plans with internal and external stakeholders and collaborating cross-functionally should come easily to the candidate.
- Building processes and code bases for reporting pipelines using BI tools and modular code
- Creating and migrating ad-hoc reporting and analysis to automated always-on reporting
- Convert raw data into consumable information applying business logic and utilizing clean engineering workflows
- Custodian of quality of final source of truth data being served to business users
- Undertaking business analysis requiring inferential statistics
- Interacting with stakeholders to understand and document business questions in-depth and propose optimum reporting solutions using standard frameworks
- Expert level skills in writing optimized SQL for creating, updating and querying tables
- Expert level skills in using Python for data processing and analysis at scale
- Experience using Pandas, NumPy, Sci-Py is a must-have
- Experience with multi-processing and Dask are a plus
- Expert level skills in building reporting products using BI tools like Periscope, Tableau, Looker etc.
- Experience working in modern data stack environment (preferably built on AWS)
- Experience writing and packaging modular code to run as containers (Docker)
- Experience using statistical inference to perform business analysis
- Well-versed in version control systems (Git)
- Exposure to dbt, Luigi, Airflow or other DAG based workflow frameworks
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced growth business with many collaborators
- Comfortable working across the stack when need arises
- Generous PTO
- Fun office environment
- Competitive salary
- Benefit Matching (medical, dental, vision)
- 401k Offered
- Stock options
- Team events