We are currently working with an online hotel search platform that is revolutionizing the concept of online hotel search. Their platform allows users to search from millions of hotels in more than 180 countries. My client is expanding their team and they are actively searching for a cloud engineer with sound technical skills with right attitude. If you are looking for a challenging and good paying job, this can be a suitable choice.
Work in a cross-functional team with software engineers, technical project managers, and data scientists to design, implement, and improve our systems, procedures, and evaluate the performance of the systems through advanced monitoring and observability.
Help us to finish our migration of business-critical applications to a container based infrastructure.
Be part of a fully paid On-Call rotation.
Troubleshoot reasons for malfunctions, support the team members by investigating irregularities , implement solutions and document them via a transparent and blameless postmortem.
Implement and maintain an intelligent monitoring, metrics and alerting system for our services.
Take ownership, contribute your ideas and help us to stay one step ahead: You will be encouraged to challenge our current processes and consider what we can do differently while always keeping business priorities and value creation in mind.
Be an ambassador for cloud technologies, spread the word and share knowledge among your colleagues in peer exchanges, guild meetings and meet-ups.
You have relevant industry experience working in the area of(agile) Software Engineering, Site Reliability Engineering or Operations.
• Experience in Cloud such as Azure, AWS or GCP
• Familiarity with Containers
• Exposure to ServiceMesh, GCP, Kubernetes, Docker will be an added advantage
"Perfect" Candidate Profile:
• A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical discipline or equivalent experience.
• Experience working with highly scalable systems, preferably in the cloud.
• Good knowledge of shell scripting and Linux-based systems and tools.
• Experience in one or more of the following programming languages: Go(preferably),Java, Kotlin, C or C++.
• A pragmatic, value-oriented mindset to drive for results in a fast paced environment.
• A good enough level of English(our company language) to be comfortable speaking it daily. What we’d love you to have: • Hands-On experience with technologies from our application stack, like Docker, Google Cloud, Terraform, gRPC, Kafka, Istio, Prometheus, Linux, Kubernetes, Envoy, Jaeger or the similar Cloud Native Projects.
• Experience in applying the DevOps and Site Reliability Engineering mindset.
• Experience in being On-Call.
• Experience in working in a cross-functional team with software engineers, technical project managers and data scientists.
• A good understanding of container-based infrastructures, resource schedulers, advanced monitoring, and observability systems and modern infrastructure best practices.
• Being open-minded and the desire to learn about modern application and infrastructure best practices like Monitoring, Networking, Containers and other Cloud Native areas.
• A proactive personality and good communication skills and confidence in presenting ideas and findings to stakeholders.
Third Republic is a new breed of agency helping people skilled in advanced technologies to further their careers. We have a plethora of unique job opportunities for people skilled in Salesforce, Workday, DevOps, AWS, Google Cloud, Azure, Architecture and Software Sales.
Please contact us on +49 211 546 9032 if you would like to find out more about current market trends and other services, we offer such as CloudCareers, our talent management service helping people access the hidden job market.