Cloud Operations Engineer (AWS)
They have hundreds of clients spread across its 8 office locations. If you are passionate about the financial market career, this can be the right opportunity for you.
• Ensure deployment and integration tasks are completed successfully
• Manage infrastructure services in a production environment to for
• Take care of cloud platforms for very large enterprise clients
• Identify risks and develop plans for mitigation
• Coordinate with engineering and development teams to resolve
• Contribute to solving issues in production environments
• Develop monitoring, alerts, and metrics for production services
• Implement disaster recovery solutions and deploy continuous
• Act as a technical SME for cloud services, providers, and platforms
• Participate in all aspects of SDLC
• Assist client support personnel in the remediation of production issues
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related technical field
• Prior 3-5 years of hands-on work experience in AWS in 8 years
• Deep understanding of Security (Security Group, NACL)
• Understanding of Network & Switches, VPN, Direct Connect, Routing,
• Experience in monitoring and setting up alerts for Cloud components
• Experience with cloud services such as AWS -potential problems, and
how to set up and manage service in the cloud.
• Knowledge of TCP/IP, DNS, SMTP, HTTP, TLS, SSH, PKI and distributed
• Significant experience with Linux/UNIX systems and the best practices for
deploying applications to those stacks, Terraform or Cloudformation and
• Strong analytical skills to solve problems
• Practical experience in Docker
• Experience using configuration, orchestration and automation tools such
as Chef, Puppet, etc
• Experience with messaging middleware like IBM MQSeries
• Salary up to £65-85k
• Great work-life balance
Third Republic is a new breed of agency helping people skilled in advanced technologies to further their careers. We have a plethora of unique job opportunities for people skilled in Salesforce, Workday, MuleSoft, DevOps, AWS, Google Cloud, Azure, Architecture and Software Sales.
Please contact us on 0203 762 2667 if you would like to find out more about current market trends and other services, we offer such as CloudCareers, our talent management service helping people access the hidden job market.