Our client is Germany’s largest online comparison portal that enables users to conduct comparisons between various insurance, energy, finance, telecom, shopping and travel platforms and service providers. They are looking for a DevOps Engineer with a deep understanding of the processes, best practices, tooling etc. of software development and software operation, to work in collaboration with development teams to enhance the efficiency of the software infrastructure.
- Contribute towards building state-of-the-art docker-based self-service run-time platform, covering all aspects including build, deploy, scaling, and monitoring/alerting/logging the new Java platform- its setup, configuration, optimisation and maintenance.
- Work closely with development teams following the best practices of Agile and DevOps, ensuring string collaboration with other departments.
- Develop strategies for scaling, standby, recovery and failover to ensure ready availability of a robust on-premise system that can avert critical glitches
- Imparting knowledge related to DevOps to the teams from time to time
- A degree in computer science or similar, or equivalent hands-on experience
- Demonstrable expertise across the DevOps stack with minimum one of:
- Continuous Integration/Deployment/Delivery
- Software-Development Skills in Java and Spring Framework
- Either a system-engineering or software engineering background
- Completed degree or equivalent work experience in a relevant field
- Practical Docker experience is a must
- Knowledge of CI/CD tools like Jenkins with Pipeline, maven, jacoco, etc.
- Supporting CD tools like Nexus
- Hands on experience in setting up and maintaining CD pipelines
- Knowledge of general network routing
- Robust experience with Linux-based enterprise system
- Knowledge of identifying and elimination issues, ensuring seamless deployments and applications operations
- Excellent communication skills with a high team spirit and a go-getter attitude.
- An excellent opportunity for personal development through various trainings such as soft skill training, programmes for high achieving employees, career pathways to expert and leadership roles
- A handsome company pension scheme
- Free weekly lunches where you meet people from different departments
- Cash-back vouchers for the company’s products and services
- Centrally located office very well connected via several modes of transport