DevOps Engineer Position
From its inception in 1994, Chrissie Rucker’s vision was to build a company that specialised in stylish, white, designer-quality items for the home that were not only exceptional quality, but also outstanding value for money. In addition to this devotion to simplicity, it was imperative the customer was put at the heart of everything, and provided with a second-to-none shopping experience - and so The White Company was born.
Today, the company that began as a 12-page mail-order brochure has become one of the UK’s fast-growing multi-channel retailers and a leading lifestyle brand with 60 stores across the UK and impressive global growth. The White Company also has two stores in the US – 155 Fifth Avenue NY and The Mall, Short Hills, New Jersey, plus concessions in selected Nordstrom stores.
Scope: To build and maintain CI/CD pipelines, improve automation practices across the software delivery lifecycle, extend the use of cloud infrastructure and mature practices for monitoring and reporting for live systems.
Accountabilities: To ensure agility of project delivery, stability of test and live systems and innovation of new technology initiatives for key applications..
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Automating and improving the build, test, packaging and deployment pipelines
- Managing deployment of software to production and non-production environments
- Troubleshooting production issues (functional and performance) and enhancing the use of monitoring and alerting tools to aid RCA and issue resolution
- Collaborating with team members to improve the company’s engineering tools, systems and procedures, and data security
- Working with partners and suppliers to innovate and deliver enhancements to applications with the use of cloud native services
- Strong Computer Science fundamentals
- Building CI/CD Pipelines with tooling such as Jenkins, GIT, Selenium etc.
- Support and troubleshoot using monitoring, logging and performance measurement tools like JMeter, AppDynamics, SolarWinds, DataDog etc.
- Using cloud technologies and services (AWS, Azure etc.) with exposure to technologies like Terraform, Puppet & Packer
- Working on Linux and Windows platforms with a good understanding of networking and security
- Software development methodologies and life cycle such as Agile
- Static analysis tools such as Sonar/Cobertura
- Exposure to containerisation technologies and tools (e.g. Docker)
- Knowledge of database management systems
- Knowledge of E-commerce platforms
- Exposure to service based architecture
- Use of Infrastructure as Code
- Passion for automation, cloud and engineering tools/services with a dedication to always being up-to-date with the latest and greatest technology in the market
- Excellent collaboration & team working skills
- A self-starter who is happy to work autonomously and take ownership of tasks
- Can understand business priorities and articulate how solutions and strategy are aligned to supporting them
- Comfortable working in a fast paced and growing organisation
- Has a commitment to quality in all aspects of work
- Passion for e-commerce and retail
- Excellent problem-solving skills with attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills