Director of DevOps - New York
Third Republic is a fast-growing agency with offices in Shoreditch, London and New York. Offering a range of recruitment solutions specialising in leading digital technologies and platforms, we have a range of businesses engaging with us to access the new technology skills they need to drive digital transformation.
In this business, the DevOps team works on challenging product and infrastructure problems, and this role will offer you the opportunity to push boundaries and try something new.
They support over 10 billion clicks and 5 billion uniques per month from every country in the world and on every platform imaginable; to support their scale, their hybrid cloud consists of hundreds of servers, hundreds of microservices, hundreds of terabytes of active production data, and numerous real-time data streams. You will lead a cross functional infrastructure and security team, collaborate with product teams and engineering leads to develop roadmaps, build and implement innovative orchestration tools, information pipelines, and foundational infrastructure platforms to support the businesses internal development as well as our sizeable base of customers.
You will have access to the latest technologies, and the autonomy to act as you see fit to best solve their challenges. Here, there is no such thing as an out-of-the-box answer; it is all about challenging the norm to build the best platform possible. As a result, you will be tasked with leading the approach on solving non-traditional DevOps problems, where normal approaches fall short and critical thinking and experimentation are expected every day.
- 10+ years of relevant experience; including 4+ years of leading a team and 4+ years as a developer
- Be deeply familiar with hybrid-cloud concepts, including experience deploying production workloads to a large cloud provider (GCP preferred), and detailed experience managing, deploying to, and orchestrating managed data center environments
- Experience with agile planning, deployment, integration, test/validation, and configuration custom software across multiple DevOps tooling platforms
- Have experience implementing and maintaining Salt, Ansible, Chef, or Puppet in production environments (Salt preferred) and be comfortable in an everything-as-code workplace
- Have professional-level experience scripting and coding in Python and/or Go
- Have experience orchestrating containers in production
- Understand how to configure, troubleshoot, and tune fleets of Linux-based servers. (CentOS, or other RedHat-based distros preferred)
- Have hands-on experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment systems, and an understanding of how to make Test Driven Infrastructure work in complex environments. (Jenkins preferred)
- Understand security as it related to DevOps, and be excited to create secure and elegant solutions to common problems. PenTesting, compliance/accreditation experience, and encryption knowledge here is a huge plus
- Have a passion for performance, benchmarking, testing, monitoring and logging all of the things. (modern Nagios/Munin experience preferred)