Software Engineer (PHP, MySQL) - Remote Contract Opportunity
My client is a forward thinking, fully-remote Development group focused on providing innovative Software Development solutions to a select group of talent.
Their end client is a consumer mobile company that has raised >$200 million in equity capital since inception and has a customer base, which currently exceeds 23 million monthly active users (MAU), which has enabled them to become one of the world's largest sources of consumer driving data with more than 18 billion miles collected per month as of June 2019.
This company is at the forefront of a broad range of technologies (mobile, location services, hardware sensors, machine learning, big data, etc) in pioneering its family-centric platform.
Our client has a need for an engineer for a 2-month engagement (8-hr days) to start ASAP (realistically, 2-3 weeks). They're looking for:
- The team's goal is to build a bridge of trust between their customer support agents, buyers and sellers. They provide engineering support for and connect internal tooling and third-party support platforms
- The person staffed will be responsible for auditing, reviewing and documenting the current state of permissions at the code level within their internal tooling platforms that store personally identifiable information (PII)
- The person staffed will be providing recommendations for how to achieve the desired state of permissioning after completing the audit
- The person staffed may be asked to deliver small code changes that materially improve the agent experience as it relates to access/permissions if opportunities are identified as part of the audit.
- 3+ years of strong PHP experience
- Experience writing technical documentation
Nice to Have:
- MySQL experience
- Security background
- Familiarity with customer support agent tooling