This business is a global brand; known across the globe for their ability to provide transportation across 105 countries, their online channels process more than one billion price calculations per week.
To underpin that, they have built applications and software infrastructure that supports numerous capabilities and brands - and that continues to develop and evolve with this ever growing organisation. They have always developed their applications themselves, and they have always done the right thing for them - not because others do it. They are innovative thinkers, they are rule breakers and they rely on an expert team of individuals to achieve their mission.
They class their IT service team as one of their organisations major competitive advantages, and the department now covers the whole world and fully supports the company’s infrastructure including the software development of mobile, web and backend applications and the development and operation of an extensive data warehouse and reporting solution.
As a result of their ever-expanding range of advanced global mobility solutions, they constantly rely on innovative and cutting-edge technology capabilities for their success…
This business is driven by their technology, and by their technology teams who are skilled in fields such as software, data center and cloud engineering. Now, they’re looking for a Solution Architect to join their organisation and help make this company best in class.
You will be integral to aligning and evolving their IT landscape, communicating with different levels of business stakeholders in different units, and working with and in between product delivery teams in order to conceptualise software, data & information architectures that drive the business overall vision and strategy.
As a subject matter expert, you will evangelise modern engineering practices and empower agile engineering teams to make technical decisions, whilst working with a wide range of individuals from across the business to support their fast-growing organisational, cultural and architectural change initiatives.
This is a unique opportunity to join an organisation who will actively encourage you and provide the opportunities to think outside of the box, to excel, and to develop both personally and professionally.
- You have BS/MS degree in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience
- You have been in consulting roles between the different layers of enterprise architecture (Business, Data, Application, Technology) and are able to present your provided value to business and IT units
- Your mindset is agile! You have collected experienced in changing from classical organizational and engineering environment to an agile world. You are passionate about going with us onto the journey towards a real agile culture at large scale
- You have collected a strong engineering experience background by building and running enterprise software in the past in either JAVA, Golang or PHP, with real hands-on experience
- You manage to keep yourself up to date with the latest engineering trends, which you actively use to introduce new technologies and processes