Staff Data Engineer
Third Republic has partnered with a fast-growing Technology startup that plans to maximize efficiency behind the power of Data & Analytics focused on marketing. Fortune 500 firms are leveraging this platform in order to engage their consumers in different ways. My client has entered a different phase of growth altogether and plans to hire a talented and passionate, Sr. Data Engineer to join the team.
As a Staff Data Engineer, you'll own new initiatives, designs, and build world-class platforms in order to measure and optimize ad performance. You'll apply state of the art technologies, frameworks, and strategies to address complex challenges with Big-Data processing and analytics.
Who you are:
- Love what you do and are passionate about crafting clean code and have a steady foundation with 8+ years of programming experience in coding, object-oriented design and/or functional programming
- Deep understanding of distributed system technologies, standards, protocols, and have 3+ years of experience working in distributed systems like Hadoop, Big Query, Spark, Kafka Eco System ( Kafka Connect, Kafka Streams), and building data pipelines at scale.
- Hands-on experience building low latency, high-throughput APIs, and are comfortable using external APIs from platforms.
- Excellent SQL query writing abilities and data understanding
- Care about agile software processes, data-driven development, reliability, and responsible experimentation
- Genuine desire to automate decision making, processes, and workflows
- Experience working with dependency management tools such as Luigi/Airflow
- Experience with DevOps domain - working with build servers, docker and containers clusters (kubernetes)
- Experience in Mentoring and growing a diverse team of talented data engineers
- Spark Streaming or other live stream processing technology
- Cloud environment, Google Cloud Platform
- Container technologies - Docker / Kubernetes